Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Garden


O.K. so this is not the garden we have this year, but I am hoping. This was are garden 2 years ago. Our garden is still bare right now but I am getting ready to start planting. It is always so fun to plan the garden and figure what to put where and how much to put in. Then reality sets in when the weeds start to come up. I love my garden and I love getting the fresh food from it. I also love canning. I did green beans, salsa, sweet pepper relish, apple sauce and apple cider last year. This year I hope to do all that and spaghetti sauce and potatoes.

I do have a slight problem this year though. As many of you know, our house is for sale. We do have a garden plot at our other house at the farm, so I am thinking that I will have two gardens this year. I hate to not have one here at the house, since I know it will get more attention, but if our house sells, I wouldn't have any produce unless I plant at the farm too. So, if our house doesn't sell this summer, I am going to have a lot of food to put up. Glad we bought the extra freezer a few months back. Who knows what to do except God. You know that he is laughing at me stressing about this because he knows exactly what is going to happen.....if only I had that foresight! We are hoping that the house sells soon so we can move during warmer weather. We have had a lot of lookers recently so that is hopeful!

Hope everyone has a great week!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Miller Racing Family said...

What a great garden picture. I am so happy that we have a lot of tulips coming up. I just hope we don't get a hard freeze. I guess we hope your house sells but we are sure going to miss our quick play dates with Kaden. Hope you have a great day!