Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Kaden's new favorite pastime

 




Kaden liked swings last year, but this year.....He loves them. I have been taking him to the park on warm days recently and he is in love with it. We took his bike last time and he got to ride it around the trail while I walked. We didn't make it past the creek as he he loves to throw rocks in the creek. One day Russell showed him how to put a twig upstream and then follow it down the creek, so now he has to so it with whatever he finds, big sticks, trash, rocks ect.

On another note, I think my pain meds caught up with me last night. I have never been able to take anything that makes me sleepy like Tylenol PM or sleeping pills because it makes me do crazy stuff while I am "asleep". Well, I was feeling better yesterday afternoon and did some dishes and talked too much. Then Russell cooked dinner and he made Kaden mashed potatoes. Well since I was feeling so good, I thought I might venture off my Jello diet. I had a small bowl of potatoes...that stated the downhill slide! So after that it was still two hours before I could have anything for pain. I ended up taking a 1/2 dose and then when it was time for then meds I took 3/4 of a dose. I ended up taking 1/4 of a dose more than I should have. When I finally went to sleep at 4:00am, I was crazy after that. I kept waking up crawling all over the bed, I was talking, laughing and then I started pushing on Russell trying to get him to wake up. I would wake up enough to realize that, "Man this really hurts my throat, I need to go back to sleep." So I would lay back down only to wake up doing the same thing. I did this over and over between 4:00 and 7:00 this morning. Luckily Russell was dead asleep or he would have killed me. I remember laughing and yelling at Rick Vermillion the radio guy...go figure.

Russell took Kaden to the Circus that was in town the other night. KADEN RODE ON AN ELEPHANT!!!! He also told me that his favorite part was the monkeys, but Russell said they didn't even have monkeys so who knows. He loved eating the peanuts which I am a big fan of since they offered him cotton candy and he didn't like it!! Yeah! I don't have any good pics of Kaden on the elephant since it was really dark in the tent when he was riding it.
Kaden is getting his spring pictures done at school today. I hope they turn out as good as his Christmas ones did.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: